Put March 23 on your calendar. Come to the Post Home at 6:00pm and join us to celebrate the American Legion’s 96th birthday. We will have a birthday meal with cake. All Post 5 legionnaires are welcome with their guest. There is no charge for the party!
The regular meeting of Bourque-Lanigan Post #5 American Legion was called to order at 7:00 P.M.by Commander Ernie Paradis.
Following the formal opening the post did a Four Chaplains memorial ceremony.
After the ceremony Adjutant Carl made a motion to dispense of reading the minutes and officers’ reports except for the reading of new member application. The motion was seconded by Finance Officer Butch Berard. Motion passed.
Sickness and distress
Commander Ernie gave a report on Real Cyr and mentioned that he seems to be doing OK.
Jim Rogers mentioned that his brother Paul is not doing very well. His legs are not doing very good.
Correspondents and application or transfer of new members
Adjutant Carl read the transfer application of Christopher Rosenbloom. Elmer Prentiss made a motion to accept the application. Butch Berard seconded it. The motion passed.
Second Vice-Commander – Charles Shoudy – assumed temporary command of the membership, for the purpose of leading the membership, in a salute toward the charter in memory of Leon Audet who passed away since our last meeting.
Recessed for prizes
Names drawn for $50 were John Mitchell, Frank Alley, Philip Bard, Patrick Poulin, and for $35 William Lindie. None were present. The door prize was won by Mike Coyne who donated it to the post.
Meeting reconvened and under Good of the Legion
- Pearley Lachance reported that the Knights of Columbus did operation wheelchair at Togus, where they bring veterans to Mass.
- Margaret May asked for prayers as she put in job applications and one of them was for Togus.
- Floyd Smith mentioned the work that the Dirigo Rangers are doing for the Veteran’s Memorial park in Winslow.
- Real Trepanier mentioned that the post had a nice article in the Maine Legionnaire.
- Larry Mitchell gave a power point presentation on different charities, where the monies came from and where they went. Commander Ernie thanked Larry for the fine job he did on this. Larry mentioned that if anyone would like to see things like this or other things he could do presentations on those also.
The next Executive Committee meeting is March 4th at 3PM.
The next regular meeting is March 2nd at 7 PM.
There being no further business to come before the membership the meeting was closed in proper form at 8:10 P.M. Respectfully Submitted, Carl Paradis, Adjutant